Instructions for Authors: Methods, Data and Best Practices
See instructions under “Instructions for Authors: Revision Articles.” But the following differences in submissions requirements should be noted:
- The USNVC type description template is not required, as it is not applicable.
- The section on General Criteria for Revision Articles is not applicable.
- The section on Analytical Guidance on Revision Articles is not applicable.
Instructions for Authors: Editorial Note
This is designed to be a relatively quick submission and review process. It presumes that authors have identified some editorial improvements to an existing vegetation type, and would like to submit those changes to the NVC Review Board. The process includes an Editorial Review Form and the edited text of a vegetation type. An example of a completed Editorial Note is provided here.
Here are the steps:
Contact the NVC Data Manager to request the type description(s) that you would like to propose changes for.
- The NVC Data Manager will create a submission form that includes the Editorial Review Form, followed by the type description.
- After completing the form and the edits to the type description, you can email them to the Editor-in-Chief (EIC).
- The EIC will work with the NVC Data Manager to create a submission document, assign a tracking number, and send it to the appropriate Regional Editor for their review (and will cc you).
- The RE will notify you regarding whether the edits are acceptable.
- When the review process is complete, the RE will send the changes to the Data Manager for upload into the NVC database. The information is published when the usnvc.org web database is refreshed (on a more-or-less annual basis). A brief log of the Note will be published annually in the USNVC Proceedings.